The Pancreas Clinic at Baylor Medicine McNair Campus is dedicated to the medical management of patients with pancreatic disorders. The clinic philosophy is focused on a multidisciplinary approach for the management of pancreatic disorders with a deep emphasis on psychosocial and nutritional aspects of care. The Pancreas Clinic at McNair Campus and The Elkins Pancreas Clinic are recognized as a Pancreatitis Center of Excellence by the National Pancreas Foundation.
We are a multidisciplinary team of experts from various specialties including:
- Pancreas surgery
- Gastrointestinal pathology
- Psychology with a focus on dealing with behavioral health issues of patients with pancreatitis.
- Nutritional specialists in pancreatic and gastrointestinal disorders.
At the Pancreas Clinic, patients benefit from:
- Our focus of practice is treating patients, not medical conditions; we integrate psychosocial aspects, healthy lifestyle, and patient counseling as essential elements of patient care.
- Patients will have the opportunity to interact with seasoned physicians and staff who have dealt with and treated hundreds of patients with pancreatic disorders.
- Patients will have the opportunity to participate in novel, well designed clinical trials pertaining to several pancreatic disorders such as chronic pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer, and pancreatic cysts.
- Patients will have the opportunity to share their experience with other patients with pancreatic disorders through meetings organized by the National Pancreas Foundation and the Alliance of Chronic Pancreatitis of South Texas
- We developed a specialized inpatient pancreaticobiliary service at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center to handle any urgent admission for patients with pancreatic disease. The service is staffed daily with a pancreas specialist from the Baylor Medicine Team.