- Dir, Ombudsman
Provost and SVP Academic and Faculty Affairs
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- JD from South Texas College of Law
- Houston, Texas United States
- MBA from Kennesaw State University
- Kennesaw, Georgia United States
- BA from Tulane University
- New Orleans, Louisiana United States
Professional StatementI am committed to helping all Baylor people in addressing concerns of any kind as they emerge in the organization. My goal is to help each person better understand the options available to address those concerns and prepare well to take action. In doing this, I help individuals and groups build on their communication and conflict management skills and strategies.
My work as Baylor's Ombudsman Director leaves me rewarded and satisfied, especially when I hear how people are better able to manage their concerns and when I see systemic improvements as a result of my guidance and consultation.
I am active in the International Ombudsman Association (IOA) and serve on the IOA's board of directors as a member and its treasurer. I am a Certified Organizational Ombudsman Practitioner (CO-OP) and serve on CO-OP's board of directors. I strongly believe in the value that an organizational ombudsman brings and am steadfast in carrying out my ombudsman duties while staying true to the ethical principles of independence, neutrality, informality and confidentiality.
- International Ombudsman Association
- Board Member and Treasurer (04/2017)
- Certified Organizational Ombudsman Association
- Member and Board Member (04/2014)
Log In to edit your profile