Admissions for Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship Training
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, Division of Cardiovascular Anesthesia offers a one-year ACGME-accredited Cardiothoracic fellowship, an intensive clinical training program designed to prepare graduates for clinical and academic leadership positions. The Cardiovascular Anesthesia fellowship program is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art advanced training in a multidisciplinary academic environment. All fellows receive training in transesophageal echocardiography in both the OR and the ICU. Fellows will attain proficiency in echocardiography through hands-on experienced coupled with weekly didactic sessions including lectures and case conferences. The intraoperative experience in cardiothoracic anesthesiology is supplemented with an immersive clinical experience in the preoperative and postoperative management of cardiothoracic and major vascular surgical patients in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit. The CVICU is a multidisciplinary unit where the fellow will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with cardiac, thoracic and vascular surgeons; heart failure, heart transplant and lung transplant teams; and other consultant services to provide comprehensive care to the cardiothoracic surgical patient.
Fellowship candidates interested in acquiring training in both Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology and Anesthesia Critical Care Medicine may apply for dual training, resulting in a two-year fellowship.
Please mail, email or fax the required documentation:
- Baylor House Staff Application
- Passport size photo (jpeg preferably)
- Updated curriculum vita
- Personal Statement (500 words or less) - THIS WILL BE SENT FROM THE SF MATCH
- Publications: If applicable, please list publications on a separate sheet.
- Transcript: Please request the registrar of your medical school to send a transcript directly to Michelle Farley (see contact information below)
- Three letters of recommendation – THESE WILL BE SENT FROM THE SF MATCH
- ITE and USMLE exam scores
- MSPE (Medical School Performance Evaluation) – Request from the Dean of Students at your medical school. A copy will be acceptable.
- ECFMG - if you are a graduate of a foreign medical school.
- Register with the SF Match
Division of Cardiovascular Anesthesiology
Texas Heart Institute at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
c/o Michelle R. Farley and Daniel Tolpin, M.D.
P.O. Box 20345, MC 1-226
Houston, TX 77225-0345
Phone: (832) 355-7860
Fax: (832) 355-6500