While financial wellness is essential for all students, the specific needs of students who are and are not receiving financial aid vary. This page specifies the mandatory activities for all students as well as additional requirements for students receiving financial aid.
Requirements for All Students
The table below specifies which financial actions and topics are mandatory for students in each year of medical school. Students will be informed of when and how they need to complete each requirement via email from the Office of Financial Aid as well as notifications in school newsletters -- Thursday News and Sunday Weekly Class Announcements.
|Pre-Matriculation||Review email received from email@example.com on Feb. 1 with instructions on how to apply for financial aid.|
|Pre-Matriculation and Annually||Read Loan Type and Terms to learn about types of aid available to all eligible students|
|Annually||Complete a Budget Worksheet to help determine if you need to borrow funds|
|MS1 Year||One-to-One Counseling Session (email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule)|
|MS1 Year Fall Semester||Building Your financial Know-How|
|MS1 Spring Semester||Banking Basics|
|MS2 Fall Semester||Building Your financial Know-How|
|MS3 Fall Semester||Energize Yourself Financially|
|MS 3 Spring Semester||DDASH: Residency Workshop: Student/Resident Panel: Financial Planning for Interviews (Planes, Trains, Ubers, Suits, Food, Hotels, Credit Cards)|
|MS4 Fall Semester||Your Credit Report|
|MS4 Spring Semester||APEX: New Found Wealth (what to do with your first several paychecks)|
Requirements for Students on Financial Aid
All students who receive financial aid are required to do the following annually before a disbursement is made:
• One-to-one Financial Aid Counseling – email email@example.com to schedule an appointment
• Read the financial aid instructions: Medical Student Application Instructions
• Complete an online FAFSA at FAFSA.gov
• Complete a BCM on-line financial aid application 2019-2020 Baylor Financial Aid Application for all programs except Health Professions. Available Feb. 1 for the upcoming year.
• Complete an online entrance counseling at studentloans.gov if accepting federal loanso Complete and e-sign all master promissory notes at ecsi.net for institutional loans and www.studentloans.gov for federal loans.